Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Just an update since I haven't blogged for forever! We have been really busy! We are still trying to get the house all together. There were these ugly old broken blinds covering the door to go into the backyard. I have wanted to put drapes up instead, but it took me a long time to find some that looked good. I didn't realize it was going to be so hard. I finally found some! Here they are! We think they look nice and add to the dining room!


Everything is going good for us! We love are new neighborhood. We have had dinner with some of the couples in are ward, which has been fun to hang out with other couples. We have callings in our new ward. I am teaching Primay age 5 and I love it! Steven is the basketball coach for the youth and is enjoying every minute of it! He just got another one this last week as the assistant executive secretary. I think that will keep him busy. His Sundays will start at 6:00 A.M for meetings, but I know he will do great. I am excited to go to Utah this weekend. Although it will be hard to have to say goodbye to my sister Crystal. She is moving to Virgina on Sunday and I am going to miss her and Spencer like crazy I already don't see them very much. Her Husband Jared got a great job oppurtunity there, so it is for good reason. It just sucks! She is going to be 15 minutes from Washington D.C and 2 hrs from New York. Maybe it will actually get me to those places.
We had a good Valentines Day this year. Since it was on a Monday and we get out of work late (well me) we decided to go out to dinner to Claim Jumper on Saturday! It was really nice. We don't care what we do we just enjoy getting out and spending time together.
Steve sent me these beautiful red roses and some yummy chocolates at work this year! Although they didn't come like this. They came in a box that I had to open and then put them together. So I opened the box and I had to unwrap them carefully. They came with a vase and I had to put water into. It even had certain instructions like cut the stems and put the food into the vase. It was a fun! They are the pro- flower ones and I here they last a long time. Will see!



Steven's Birthday isn't until tomorrow, but we celebrated it with his family on Sunday!
He needed his sister Kim's help on blowing out all the candles because there were too many.



His sister Kim made him this Basketball cake! It turned out so Awesome! Kim is so talented this is just few of her many great creations.




His mom knows him well. Wii Game! She also got us tickets to go to Lion King together for both of our Birthdays! ( since they are 2 weeks apart) I am so excited! My parents are going to be in town, so they are coming too! Can't wait! Happy Birthday Babe! I can't believe he is going to be 28!


2 comments:

  1. The house looks good! you need to post more pics, it might be a little while before we can come out to visit :) Nate got me some flowers in a box one year too! They are actually kinda fun to put together and look great! We're excited to see you this weekend, wish Steve could come out too! And Happy Birthday to Steve!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your house looks so cute Caitlin! It just hit me that you bought a house... meaning you're there for a while ='( I miss you! But it sounds like everything is going great for you guys. I'm happy for you!
    By the way, I don't know why I didn't get your last post (on my blog) until a few weeks after Christmas. I must've written a new post and didn't check the old one. Anyways, if you ever need my address again, let me know!=)

    ReplyDelete